Monday, September 29, 2014
I am a Maverick leader
I recently took the Fascination Advantage Assessment
and found out I am a Maverick Leader. I feel this fits very well with my personality.
Here is the description:
THE MAVERICK LEADER
PIONEERING | IRREVERENT | ENTREPRENEURIAL | ARTFUL | DRAMATIC
- lead with a bold and unconventional vision
- unafraid to take the lead and happy to propose a new direction for a product or market strategy
- always full of new ideas, and almost a little restless.
- no dull moments in your meetings
- when things feel familiar they start experimenting to see whether higher goals can be achieved
“HIGHEST AND BEST VALUE” OF THE MAVERICK LEADER
- independent, confident, and perhaps a little eccentric
- the Power advantage tends to keep you on track to reach your goals
- the Primary Innovation advantage makes them creative, innovative, and sharp-witted
- they are able to think in both linear and nonlinear ways
- free association allows them to come up with fresh ideas, while their logical mind helps them implement them
- they are natural leaders with an adventurous spirit
WHAT IS NOT THE “HIGHEST AND BEST VALUE” OF THE MAVERICK LEADER?
- Maverick Leader dislike routine tasks. They get bored when forced to follow predictable patterns.
- They get the most out of building your own path, finding smart solutions to the usual rules, and finding their own way to do things.
TOP 5 SPECIALTY ADJECTIVES
Always ready to challenge the familiar path, Maverick Leaders seek to discover new ways to attain
goals. In large companies you’ll find them coming up with ideas for new product features, alternative
business directions, and radical marketing campaigns.
Their revolutionary thinking is coupled with a strong confidence and focus on attaining goals. They
don’t propose new designs only because they enjoy new things (although they do love it of course!),
they’re also keen to use their fresh ideas to help achieve the company’s goals.
They are full of new ideas. They enjoy starting projects; and their energy drives them to implement
ideas and complete projects.
Clever and charming in professional and social scenarios, Maverick Leaders respond to questions
and detractions with sharp humor. Even in a rather formal interview setting, they’re able to break the
ice with a funny remark.
Maverick Leaders present their ideas vividly. They energize their message and keep their audience
intrigued. When presenting, they use strong body language. They use energetic gestures to
emphasize their points. They walk around the stage or board room. Their unusual stories and
metaphors keep their listeners captivated.
What do you think? Does this sound like me?