Life Satisfaction is more than just happiness. Happiness is subject to the current situation. Life Satisfaction is how satisfied you are with your life so far. Have you worked hard and played hard. It is long term happiness and a sense of accomplishment. I have always been a tool maker. I have been building processes and tools that make life easier for many people. After 20 years in Corporate America I thought about my accomplishments. I did make life easier for a small group of people but I was not satisfied. I decided I wanted to look at the root problems of what is limiting people from long term satisfaction. I would try and find a way to permanently accelerate how quickly someone can get and maintain satisfaction in their life.
Over several years I realize I can’t do it alone. I know of a lot of groups working on specific root issues but there isn’t yet a place for them to collaborate and gain momentum. There is not yet a group of people finding the root satisfaction blockers and rationally ranking the solutions.
I’m hoping we can build a community that works together to find root satisfaction blockers, solve them and release an accelerating satisfaction to the world.
Potential Core Satisfaction Limiters
- Government - Can we improve how we govern ourselves to improve life satisfaction.
- Mental Health - Often we do things that are against our own long term satisfaction.
- Misinformation - We won’t be satisfied if we are working off of incorrect information
- Disagreement - We can’t be satisfied if we are making opposing decisions based on inaccurate reasons.
- Economy - are there ways to make our economy more efficient?
Potential Solutions for Your Evaluation
- Politify.org - an excellent example of this is the area of politics and social change. It collects, tests and elevates the best political ideas.
- Reason Score - how much time do we waste inefficiency arguing over the action we should take. Then we take opposing approaches cancelling each other our. Reason Score increases agreement so we can act together and multiply our effect.
- Socratic Web - by giving everyone access to the best critiques on information people will become better critical thinkers and the limits of misinformation will be reduced.
What do you think?
Is this worth a try?
What other root problems can we work on?